Is wild food consultancy for you?
- Do you own your own land and are interested to find out what wild plants and fungi grow there?
- Are you curious as to which plants can heal and which can kill?
- Are you interested in using wild plants for food and medicine and would like to know how to include these in your diet to improve your immune system and overall nutrition?
- Are you interested in general re-wilding advice and would like to know which species are appropriate for planting on your land?
- Would you like to improve your land for wildlife and foraging?
- Are you a restaurant and would like to include wild foods on your menu?
- Are you a chef that would like to learn more about foraging and cooking with wild foods?
- Are you a food or drinks manufacturer who would like to include wild ingredients in your products?
If you have answered yes to one or more of these questions, Fat Hen’s consultancy services may be of interest to you.
What we offer
- A full survey of your land with annotated map indicating habitats and species of interest for both foraging and wildlife.
- A species list of edible and medicinal plants and fungi on your land and locations to find them.
- Foraging guides for the edible, medicinal and poisonous plants and fungi on your land.
- Recipes and methods for including these plants for food, medicine, and skin care products.
- Advice for general re-wilding of your land and appropriate species for planting up.
- Bespoke tailored training programme for chefs.
- Bespoke advice for businesses involved in the food industry.
What do we charge?
Our rate for consultancy services is £250/day. An average survey and report will take a minimum of 2 days @£500.