Fat Hen is excited to be offering this wild spa experience in 2023. This is a naturally beautiful experience in nature.
We will spend 2-3 hours foraging close to the Helford River on the Lizard for wild greens, coastal vegetables and summer edible herbs and flowers. This will be followed by a wild food picnic of:
- seaweed & miso soup
- wild herb focaccia
- seaweed & wild garlic tortilla with sorrel aioli
- crispy laver seaweed with chilli and salt
- Vietnamese summer rolls with teriyaki tofu, wild herbs and almond satay
- bulghar wheat dolmades wrapped in fig leaves and spiced with wild spices
- brown rice sushi with home smoked mackerel and siracha pickled vegetables
- nettle & lemon cake with elderflower icing or vegan blackberry cheesecake
- sparkling elderflower refreshments
After the picnic we will indulge ourselves for 4 hours in the most stunning wild spa at Retallack woodlands in Constantine. https://www.retallackwoodlands.co.uk/quarry-spa
The spa is located near Constantine and is a truly wild spa. Ferns and foxgloves fringe the spring-fed swimming lake. Logs from their trees fire the hot-tub and sauna. Sunlight powers the piping-hot showers located in the most rustic of log cabins. The glass fronted state of the art sauna is nestled on the side of the lake so that you feel totally immersed in the wild surroundings.
There is a complete sense of wonderment and joy at this spa, dipping in the fresh water, hanging out on the soft grass, jumping in the hot tub. There is even a slide into the lake if you’re feeling playful.
If you want a massive dose of wellbeing, this is the experience to join us on!
WHERE TO MEET:
Instructions will be given on booking.
Monday 26th June 2023 | Sunday 9th July 2023 | Wednesday 16th August 2023 | Sunday 24th September | Sunday 9th October
10am – 5pm
MAXIMUM NUMBER ON COURSE
IS THIS AVAILABLE AS A PRIVATE BOOKING?
Yes, but there must be 12 people or a minimum charge of £1500. Subject to availability of the spa.